A basic transportation suggestion in Taiwan:
1. In Taipei & New Taipei: By MRT (subway/metro system) + shuttle/public bus
2. Outside Taipei & New Taipei(Northern Areas): Arrange a cab with guide driver
3. Eastern Taiwan: Railway + cab with guide driver
4. Other major cities (Taichung/Tainan/Kaohsiung): High speed rail way + local transportation
For Taipei City tours, below are some spots for families traveling with kids.
1.National Palace Museum: has the most complete collection of China antiques and arts, must go.
2.Night markets: you can find many interesting night markets in Taipei. Not necessarily have to go Shilin night market (士林夜市). You can ask your hotel for advice.
3. 上引水產Addiction Aquatic Development: a fashionable seafood supermarket. If you like seafood, this is a place worth to go. http://www.addiction.com.tw/
4. 京華城Core Pacific shopping mall: there are many indoor theme parks great to exhaust some energy of your kids. Babyboss (age3-12) is an educational role playing theme park, kids love it. 147Gun sport theme park (140cm and up).
5. Taipei 101: The highest building in Taiwan. Many department stores in this neighborhood, and is a great place for shopping.
6. 圓山飯店The Grand Hotel buffet: this is the oldest 5-star hotel in Taipei. If you like dining with night view, don't miss this place. The hotel is also the only hotel that look like a classic temple. https://www.grand-hotel.org/taipei/en/
~~Drop me a message at LittcNeverLie Fan Page for any question and suggestion is welcomed.~~